Thursday, July 17, 2008

Damn, those were some good brownies.

So Gretchen fed me a bunch of brownies from her freezer yesterday. She's moving, so she's trying to get rid of food, clothes, furniture, etc. They tasted great, but I had no idea they were as potent as they were.... Let's just say rollerblading home was lots of fun.

I just got Labcabincalifornia, by Pharcyde. They are definitely one of my favorite hip hop groups. Anyway, the album is from the late nineties, and it's absolutely delicious, in the trend of much 80's-90's hip hop. The piano work in the background is excellent, but it wasn't the album I was looking for. Bizarre Ride is Pharcyde's best album, in my opinion, with classics like Passing Me By and Otha Fish. I requested a copy at Avalon.

Speaking of various artistic productions, I saw Sergei Bodrov's Mongol on Tuesday at the Pickford. http://www.mongolmovie.com/
It was full of great information about pastoral and tribal life in Mongol in the time of the Khans (of course, facts were relatively embellished) and it was one of the most badass movies I've seen in awhile. Go see it.

This whole sleeping in thing is really nice. For some reason, my alarm just doesn't wake me up anymore. I regret not being able to make chocolate more during the week, that will definitely come crashing down on me during the Christmas rush. I shudder at the thought.

My life is going to be changing considerably in the next few weeks. I'm house sitting until the end of July, and then possibly moving back in with my brother Jordan. But that might fall through, since his girlfriend may also be moving in soon. If I don't stay with Jordan, I'm not really sure where I'll go once I get back from Panama. I'm tempted to go back to my dance studio in N. Bellingham, but that would mean moving back in with my folks...not quite sure if I want to do that.

The final lineup for Bumbershoot was announced a couple days ago. There are tons of great artists, films and other sensory morsels; I'm all flustered just thinking about it. Czech it out.

The 2008 Bumbershoot music lineup includes Beck, Stone Temple Pilots, Death Cab For Cutie, T.I., The Offspring, Keyshia Cole, Lucinda Williams, Paramore, Neko Case, Band of Horses, The Black Keys, Superchunk, Nada Surf, Ingrid Michaelson, Del Tha Funky Homosapien, Jakob Dylan, !!!, Mike Doughty, Old 97's, Xavier Rudd, Anti-Flag, Minus the Bear, M. Ward, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Man Man, Joe Bonamassa, Saul Willliams, Brother Ali, Battles, Aiden, The Walkmen, Kid Sister, Estelle, Unearth, Tapes ‘n Tapes, The Weakerthans, Sons and Daughters, Asylum Street Spankers, Dan Deacon, Two Gallants, Blitzen Trapper, Sondre Lerche, Bedouin Soundclash, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Tim Finn, Cheb I Sabbah & 1002 Nights featuring Riffat Sultana, Dale Watson, The Whigs, John Vanderslice, Flobots, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, Final Fantasy, Adele, The Fall of Troy, Orgone, Langhorne Slim & The War Eagles, Forro in the Dark, These Arms Are Snakes, The Blakes, Sweet Water, Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby, Pacifika, Arthur & Yu, Darondo & Nino Moschella, Vicci Martinez, Ian Moore, Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands, Barcelona, Kinski, Throw Me The Statue, J-Boogie's Dubtronic Science, Tyrone Wells, Howlin Rain, Monotonix, Black Eye & Neckties, The Shackeltons, West Indian Girl and many more.

But Bumbershoot is much more than music… the Festival also features three stages of comedy such as Zach Galifianakis, Janeane Garofalo, Greg Behrendt, Doug Benson, PRI's "The Sound of Young America" Live with host Jesse Thorn, and MTV's "Human Giant" stars (Aziz Ansari, Paul Scheer and Rob Huebel) will bring the popular show to the stage with a little help from their friends, just to name a few.

Beyond music and comedy, the Festival offers up a world of arts to make every fan's schedule full (SO full, in fact, that you might wanna put to use Bumbershoot's handy interactive schedule to create and save your own personalized plans and share them with friends!)

The complete lineup includes everything from sci-fi legend William Gibson to Australia's Strange Fruit, The Seattle-Tehran Poster Show to The Post-It Note Reading Series, the 1 Reel Film Festival to Pacific Northwest Ballet, and much, much more.


I'm going all three days, and I'll probably end up in a Marriott again with Michael Raper, Ian Imhof, Taylor, Tom, Chris and whoever else ends up on the floor. Maybe we'll find some gorgeous people and have a hotel party. Whoo!

On Thursdays from 11-7 and Sundays from 1-6, I work at the gelato/chocolate shop in the Public Market. I suggest all you Bellinghamsters pay me a visit or two. I get bored hanging out in the corner all day...

Happy Thursday!

No comments: