Monday, July 14, 2008

ah, Brazilian music.

I just got the newest DJ Dolores album, which features the lovely vocals and talents of Isaar and other artists. Perfect summertime music, with a little Samba, a little Dub, a little Bossa Nova, a little Bhangra, some Jazzy stuff and oh, so much more. Love it.

Speaking of music, the Showbox is putting on some rad shows this fall. So far I'm planning on seeing Gogol Bordello, Cut Chemist, DJ Shadow, The Heiroglyphics, and Ozomatli feat. Chali2na of Jurassic 5. whoo! Right after Bumbershoot, too; that lovely buffet of music from near and afar.

Also, Medfest next weekend will be awesome. The troupe is performing on Saturday evening with Ruby. I'll probably blow some serious cash on bling. There are worse addictions. The Friday show at Indian Flavors went pretty well, considering I had about 2 hours to dream up a performance. I draped myself in five yards of sari silk and found some random Egyptian song from probably the 1940's. There's a video of a slowish part here, courtesy of Gretchen: http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z72/amorenonlosa/Dance/
Indian%20Flavors%20July%202008/?action=view&current=Ruthie095.flv

Vaudevillingham this month was lovely. There are a few blurry and glitzy pics here: http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z72/amorenonlosa/Bellingham/
Vaudevillingham/
We went swimming in Lake Padden afterwards, and I caught up with an old friend and made a new one.

Bellingham seems to get smaller and smaller by the day as I start talking to people and realizing that I know them through association or otherwise or have acquainted myself with them at some point. I saw at least five people I know today, just walking down Cornwall. I guess this is what happens when I stay home for the Summer.

I decided to dig up some of my old angsty/wierd writings and type them up, just for kicks. So the old me will be making an appearance in the near future. Watch out.

My gosh, I haven't really been climbing this Summer. I don't think I'll be able to compete much this Fall. Seattle's too expensive anyway. I miss it, but I think I'll have to shove it under the rug for awhile, since I don't have much time to go to B.C.

I'm in the process of planning a trip to Panama to visit my friend Rachel, who offered to show me around. I didn't think I was going to travel at all this summer, but I'm stoked to revisit Central America.

No comments: