Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A visit with the family...

Corban says he has an "eternal tickle" in the back of his throat. He's been home sick for the past week or so with symptoms of strep, poor kid. He's just like me when I was younger. I always had strep syndromes but never an actual strep diagnosis. Corban's twin brother, Jesse, barely gets sick, and when he does it's not nearly as hard-hitting. Corban kind of got the short end of the stick in the womb, so to speak. Jesse definitely got more testosterone and other nutrients. He's more aggressive, bigger, stronger and healthier, whereas Corban is emotional and more content to sit inside and make art.

I wish the boys could have the kind of life Jordan and I had when we were little (well, aside from a few things). We lived in Quebec, Africa and Texas, and my mom homeschooled us for a long time. We didn't really get sucked into the technological world as my brothers are now, and we learned so much more from my mom and from our reading-based curriculum than we would have learned from any public school. Sometimes I wish I could homeschool them myself, since my parents no longer have time.

But they're turning out just fine : )

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I think I love your family, Ruthie. They sound adorable, even from the little description you just said here. I just woke up, so I don't have much to say right now. Have an awesome day!
Kristen