Monday, October 27, 2008

Fischerspooner makes my mind wander...

So, this won't be an original thought, since Blogspot just deleted my post...yarr. But anyway...

As a salesperson, I can always recognize when someone is throwing me a pitch. Usually I play along and strike up a conversation, all the while thinking about how they must think they're so clever....Actually, I usually sell something to them, by flipping their sales tactics around. Chocolate definitely sells itself, and it's a good product for any store. Check out our website! www.chocolatenecessities.com We sell both wholesale and retail. Oh, my name's Ruthie, nice to meet you! Come see me at the store, I'll show you around! Alright, have a great day! etc. [/high pitched femme voice].

Really, everyone is constantly selling themselves. We work hard to create a facade of ourselves, sometimes exaggerating or acting out. We dress ourselves in a way we think will appeal to others. We attempt at humor, and try to adapt to the tastes of potential "buyers" by the things we do and say, and how we do and say them. I see it in myself all the time.

[There is a yellow jacket buzzing around in the bag I just got from Barnes and Noble...I'm not quite sure what to do...]

Tomorrow my brother and I are "entertaining," as it were. We jazzed up the apartment and I got some actual cooking supplies, so I'm going to try and clean and make something relatively edible for a crowd of five...shouldn't be too hard, right? Luis speaks Spanish, English and a little French (he's in Jordan's French class), Jordan speaks a fair amount of French, I speak a little French and a great deal of Spanish, Bart speaks English, and Chelsea speaks a tiny bit of Spanish. It should be fun...

No comments: