Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Wednesday!

"I will fall upon her suddenly and destroy her virginity."
-Yigenek, Kitabi Dada Gorgud

Somehow, at least three times in my life, I've unintentionally wandered into cat shows. I think maybe the cat is my spirit animal....

I have many good things to read. For my humanities class, I'll be reading Bobo and the Catfish, an epic word sequence poem by Frank Stanford; part of the Silmarillion, The Battle of Kosovo, parts of the Secret History of the Mongols, Woman of Steel, Another Account of the Queen of Sheba (from the Ethiopian epic The Glory of the Kings), part of Dante's Inferno, part of El Cid, the Nibeleunga-somethin or other, part of Gilgamesh, and some other stuff. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

I'm also performing this weekend! For Friday's Art Walk downtown, the Mahala dancers are doing three shows at 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 in the Crown Plaza building between the Sandalwood Salon and the Lucky Monkey (across from Taco Lobo). It should be pretty fun, as should the rest of the Art Walk, which features performance art and other local arts.

And...I get to go to Mt. Baker this Sunday! I'm going with my family to get a Christmas tree for the apartment...though I have no idea how to decorate it yet since neither Bart, Jordan or I have any decorations. We'll figure something out I'm sure. Hurray for Christmas! ahhh! I love it.

No comments: