Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More receipts...

Bus #2 Island Transit.
It's surprisingly reminiscent of the Guatemalan tourist shuttles, aside from the fact that it doesn't have TURISMO stamped across the front--funny, that didn't attract thieves (unless it did and we just didn't know it...)
Now someone is sitting next to me. He's got sunglasses and distastefully ruddy hair. I'm rehearsing excuses in my head. Tight-lipped, with the slight, natural frownlike expression that I stole from my mother, I will say dismissively, painstakingly: "I'm going to help a friend move."
You wonder how many times a person can lie in a day. I'm afraid I've become a bit of an expert over the past few years, evading my inevitable expulsions of sentiment with a simple, wicked lie to a stranger, a parent, a therapist, a friend....How ironic, the bus just passed over Deception Pass State Park. A beautiful place, if you've never visited.
We also passed a mischievous-looking abandoned drive-in movie theater which had a sign that read "Circus Storage" and the near-unattainable look of a mildly classy trailer park. Perhaps it's just this gorgeous weather. In any case, I resisted the ridiculous urge to ring the bus bell and go try to join the circus, probably for the same reason I decided not to move to San Pedro with Cliffy (raging bipolar 2 case who dresses like Hunter S. Thompson).

No comments: